1) I will play hockey because I want to, not just because others or coaches want me to.
2) I will play by the rules of hockey and in the spirit of the game.
3) I will control my temper - fighting and “mouthing off” can spoil the activity for everybody.
4) I will respect my opponents.
5) I will do my best to be a true team player.
6) I will remember that winning isn’t everything - that having fun, improving skills, making friends and doing my best are also important.
7) I will acknowledge all good plays and performances - those of my team and of my opponents.
8) I will remember that coaches and officials are there to help me. I will accept their decisions and show them respect.
1) I will not force my child to participate in hockey.
2) I will remember that my child plays hockey for his or her enjoyment, not for mine.
3) I will encourage my child to play by the rules and to resolve conflicts without resorting to hostility or violence.
4) I will teach my child that doing one’s best is as important as winning so that my child will never feel defeated by the outcome of a game.
5) I will make my child feel like a winner every time by offering praise for competing fairly and trying hard.
6) I will never ridicule or yell at my child for making a mistake or losing a game.
7) I will remember that children learn best by example.
8) I will applaud good plays/performances by both my child’s team and their opponents.
9) I will never question the officials’ judgement or honesty in public.
10)I will support all efforts to remove verbal and physical abuse from children’s hockey games.
11) I will respect and show appreciation for the volunteer coaches who give their time to coach hockey for my child.
1) I will remember that participants play hockey for their enjoyment. They are not playing to entertain me.
2) I will not have unrealistic expectations. I will remember that players are not professionals and cannot be judged by professional standards.
3) I will respect the officials’ decisions and I will encourage participants to do the same.
4) I will never ridicule a player for making a mistake during a game.
5) I will give positive comments that motivate and encourage continued effort.
6) I will condemn the use of violence in any form and will express my disapproval in an appropriate manner to coaches and league officials.
7) I will show respect for my team’s opponents, because without them there would be no game.
8) I will not use bad language, nor will I harass players, coaches, officials or other spectators.
1) I will be reasonable when scheduling games and practices, remembering that players have other interests and obligations.
2) I will teach my players to play fairly and to respect the rules, officials and opponents.
3) I will ensure that all players get equal instruction, support and playing time.
4) I will not ridicule or yell at my players for making mistakes or for performing poorly. I will remember that players play to have fun and must be encouraged to have confidence in themselves.
5) I will ensure that equipment and facilities are safe and match the players’ ages and abilities.
6) I will remember that participants need a coach they can respect. I will be generous with praise and set a good example.
7) I will obtain proper training and continue to upgrade my coaching skills.
8) I will work in cooperation with officials for the benefit of the game.
1) I will ensure that every player has a reasonable opportunity to perform to the best of his or her ability within the limits of the rules.
2) I will avoid or put an end to any situation that threatens the safety of the players. I will maintain a healthy atmosphere and environment for competition.
3) I will not permit the intimidation of any player either by word or by action. I will not tolerate unacceptable conduct toward officials, other players, spectators or myself. I will be consistent and objective in calling all infractions, regardless of my personal feelings toward a team or individual player.
4) I will handle all conflicts firmly but with dignity. I accept my role as a teacher and role model for fair play, especially with young participants.
5) I will be open to discussion and contact with the players before and after the game.
6) I will remain open to constructive criticism and show respect and consideration for different points of view.
7) I will obtain proper training and continue to upgrade my officiating skills.
8) I will work in cooperation with coaches for the benefit of the game.
1) I will do my best to see that all players are given the same chance to participate, regardless of gender, ability, ethnic background or race.
2) I will absolutely discourage any sport program from becoming primarily entertainment for the spectator.
3) I will make sure that all equipment and facilities are safe and match the athletes’ ages and abilities.
4) I will make sure that the age and maturity level of the participants are considered in program development, rule enforcement and scheduling.
5) I will remember that play is done for its own sake and make sure that winning is kept in proper perspective.
6) I will distribute the Fair Play codes to spectators, coaches, athletes, officials, parents and media.
7) I will ensure that coaches and officials are capable of promoting fair play as well as the development of good technical skills and I will encourage them to become certified.
© 2021 Powered by TEAMLINKT